Texas prosecutor to serve 10 days for innocent man‘s 25-year imprisonment
A former Texas prosecutor who won a conviction that sent an innocent man to prison for nearly 25 years agreed Friday to serve 10 days in jail and complete 500 hours of community service.
Ken Anderson also agreed to be disbarred and was fined $500 as part of a sweeping deal that was expected to end all criminal and civil cases against the embattled ex-district attorney, who presided over a tough-on-crime Texas county for 30 years.
Anderson faced up to 10 years in prison if convicted of tampering with evidence in the 1987 murder trial of Michael Morton, who wrongly spent nearly 25 years in prison…..
- US prosecutor jailed for misconduct (bbc.co.uk)
- Ex-Prosecutor Gets 10 Days in Jail For Sending Innocent Man To Prison for 25 Years (darkgovernment.com)
- Corrupt prosecutor faces 10 days in jail after sending innocent man to prison for 25 years (sott.net)
- Corrupt prosecutor faces 10 days in jail after sending innocent man to prison for 25 years (blacklistednews.com)
- Texas prosecutor will serve 10 days in jail for wrongfully convicting man imprisoned for 25 years (rawstory.com)
- 10 Days in Jail for Ex-Prosecutor Who Sent Innocent Man to Prison for 25 Years (reason.com)
- For the First Time Ever, a Prosecutor Will Go to Jail for Wrongfully Convicting an Innocent Man (dailypaul.com)