Gregory Patrick, knitting.
I’m sitting at Starbucks, which I rarely do. It’s hard to knit there. I lot of people still find it weird for a man to be knitting in public. But, for us fellas that knit, it’s nothing short of ordinary. There are many people that see us, see what we’re doing and find themselves asking us lots of questions. And they have no problem stopping to ask questions while you’re in the middle of counting.
I’ve been asked on numerous occasion on email if I ever go out to knit with groups or have knitting friends. Sadly, I don’t. I’m too busy counting. I can’t lift my head from the stitches to hear what’s being said. I’m so focused. I’m there with the rows, both knit side and purl sides facing with the work, and the rest of the world falls away into…. well, nothing.
So, I’m at said Starbucks working up one of my teddy bears, roughly 8 a.m., figured I was safe, not too many people running in and out. And as I’m working on row 10 of the body of the bear, I see three sets of Orange County Sheriffs officers’ legs approach….
Read whole article here, please:http://www.alternet.org/culture/cops-questioned-me-about-knitting-starbucks
- Gregory Patrick: The Time I Was Questioned by Police for Knitting in a Starbucks (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cops Questioned Me About Knitting at Starbucks (alternet.org)
- Cops Questioned Me About Knitting at Starbucks (rinf.com)
- Knitter’s Spotlight: Baby’s First BFF by Mary Triplett (berroco.com)
- I Was Questioned By The Police (monicleblog.wordpress.com)
- I Was Questioned By The Police (bipolaryarns.wordpress.com)
- I Was Questioned By The Police (thefirstdark.wordpress.com)
- Knitting tip for beginners (organizeandcraft.wordpress.com)
- Meet the Pattern: Knit Teddy Bear Plushie (knitsforlife.com)
- My first Knitted Scarf (organizeandcraft.wordpress.com)