The Horror Every Day: Why Police Brutality Goes Unpunished
An investigation into the Houston police department reveals why officers rarely face the consequences of beatings or shootings.
December 13, 2013 |
The following story first appeared in the Texas Observer.Check out their website for more great stories.
Sebastian Prevot watched helplessly as three police officers advanced on his wife. Prevot was handcuffed and bleeding in the back of a cop car. Half of his left ear dangled where it had been torn from his head. The Houston Police Department doesn’t deny that its officers gave Prevot these injuries during a late-night arrest in January 2012. The only dispute is whether he earned them.
This Report has more than 10 pages, please read them here: http://www.alternet.org/horror-every-day-why-police-brutality-goes-unpunished?ak_proof=1&akid=.224675.FhtIlQ&rd=1&src=newsletter936586&t=3
- The Horror Every Day: Why Police Brutality Goes Unpunished (alternet.org)
- Houston Police Department Claims They Did Not Racially Profile Two Black Men Traveling With White Teen (clutchmagonline.com)
- Group calls for US Justice Department probe of HPD (khou.com)
- Houston police respond to racial profiling accusations with Okla. teen, dancers (kvue.com)
- Houston Police Department responds to accusations of racial profiling (kens5.com)
- How a Texas Cop Who Killed a Double Amputee Holding a Ballpoint Pen Got Away With It (alternet.org)
- Man Sneaks Past Police, Kills Self At Scene Of Brother’s Suicide (houston.cbslocal.com)