Friends: Please take any or all of these important actions. “Silence implies consent.” Your actions are empowering and needed. Two executions are planned for February – Juan Chavez on Wed., Feb. 12 and Paul Howell on Wed., Feb 26. Gov. Scott has set a record breaking pace for executions. Please speak up and speak out.
1. Please TAKE ACTION! Contact Governor Rick Scott and ask him to halt executions and STOP SIGNING DEATH WARRANTS. Gov. Rick Scott – Phone: 850-488-7146 Email: Rick.Scott@eog.myflorida.com
2. Please write letters to the editor in response to Death Penalty articles. Your words can be read by thousands and help move Florida forward. Here is a new article from the Folio Weekly about the extreme and disproportionate death sentencing in Jacksonville. “Bloodlust”. Please email your response letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: THE MAIL, Folio Weekly, 9456 Philips Hwy, Ste 11, Jacksonville, FL 32256. Letters must be signed and include phone number and address for verification purposes.
3. The dangerous Timely Justice Act is finally being argued in the Florida Supreme Court. There are a variety of articles for Letters to the Editor. “Lawyer says Timely Justice Act Unfair”
4. Amnesty International Action: “Legal concerns as Florida resets execution: Paul Howell”
5. Amnesty International USA, Take Action Now: “Stop the execution of Frank Walls in Florida”.
6. Please attend a vigil/protest near you. We are updating the info at the FADP website.
“If not us, who? If not now, when?” JFK
2014 is a crucial year for our struggle. Please consider helping with a donation for the most basic needs of a successful campaign.
Floridians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty, fadp.org
P.O. Box 82943
Tampa, FL 33682