- Ireland: Israeli products marked with yellow sticker (privateinvesigations.blogspot.com)
- Irish BDS Groups Place ‘Boycott Israel’ Stickers on Israeli Products (algemeiner.com)
- Ireland: Israeli products marked with yellow sticker (ivarfjeld.com)
- Ireland: Israeli products marked with yellow sticker (amomlookingup.wordpress.com)
Or-cam has developed a camera-based systemintended to give the visually impaird the ability to read & move!
http://pwW1bH6BHNKcsAX-DZO6mzl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVaiQDB_Rd1H6kmuBWtceBJ Scooped by Dr. Stefan Gruenwald
onto Amazing Science
From http://www.nytimes.com – Today, 6:02 AM
A company has developed a camera-based system intended to give the visually impaired the ability to both “read” easily and move freely.
Liat Negrin, an Israeli who has been visually impaired since childhood, walked into a grocery store here recently, picked up a can of vegetables and easily read its label using a simple and unobtrusive camera attached to her glasses. Ms. Negrin, who has coloboma, a birth defect that perforates a structure of the eye and afflicts about 1 in 10,000 people, is an employee at OrCam, an Israeli start-up that has developed a camera-based system intended to give the visually impaired the ability to both “read” easily and move freely.
Until now reading aids for the visually impaired and the blind have been cumbersome devices that recognize text in restricted environments, or, more recently, have been software applications on smartphones that have limited capabilities.
In contrast, the OrCam device is a small camera worn in the style of Google Glass, connected by a thin cable to a portable computer designed to fit in the wearer’s pocket. The system clips on to the wearer’s glasses with a small magnet and uses a bone-conduction speaker to offer clear speech as it reads aloud the words or object pointed to by the user.
The system is designed to both recognize and speak “text in the wild,” a term used to describe newspaper articles as well as bus numbers, and objects as diverse as landmarks, traffic lights and the faces of friends.
It currently recognizes English-language text and beginning this week will be sold through the company’s Web site for $2,500, about the cost of a midrange hearing aid. It is the only product, so far, of the privately held company, which is part of the high-tech boom in Israel.
The device is quite different from other technology that has been developed to give some vision to people who are blind, like the artificial retina system called Argus II, made by Second Sight Medical Products. That system, which was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in February, allows visual signals to bypass a damaged retina and be transmitted to the brain.
- Learning about Visual Impairments. (year2blogpsm.wordpress.com)
- Visual impairment kept this genius from getting into JEE, Stanford welcomes him (ndtv.com)
- Odin Mobile set to launch as first US mobile carrier for the visually impaired (engadget.com)
- Top free android apps for the visually impaired. (leedsnorthern.wordpress.com)
- OrCam aims to improve quality of life for the visually impaired (gizmag.com)
- OrCam’s $2,500 augmented reality glasses speak words aloud, help the visually impaired ‘see’ (theverge.com)
- OrCam sees for the visually impaired, relays information via bone conduction (slashgear.com)
- Odin Mobile to Launch as the First US Mobile Carrier for the Visually Impaired (medgadget.com)
- OrCam Will Help The Visually Impaired Read Anywhere (nocamels.com)
- Camera-based system designed by Israeli start-up gives visually-impaired ability to ‘read’ (irishtimes.com)
I don´t love to speak about my faith; but this time I want to blog an e-mail written by David Wilkerson. Why I am doing this?
Because I am deeply convinced that God can change each and any life,
like here, and even use it!
WHO IS ON the LORD´S SIDE?
by David Wilkerson
How would God crush the corruption in Israel? Who would He
choose to be His instruments in a time of evil? Would angels
come down and execute righteous judgment? Aaron and his
sons had already corrupted themselves so who would God raise
up to shine forth as His soldiers of holiness?
Of all people, He chose the sons of Levi-sons of that murderer
who, with his brother Simeon, had caused Jacob´s family to be
shamed before the heathen. Simeon and Levi each took a sword
and slew Shechem for raping their sister Dinah. They also killed
his father Hamor and then took their sheep, oxen and donkeys,
their wealth, and their wives and children.
Oh, the matchless grace of God-to choose the most unworthy,
the weakest of them all-to be His instruments. “All the sons of
Levi gathered themselves together unto him. . . . And the children
of Levi did according to the word of Moses” (Exodus 32: 26, 28).
Perhaps there was something deep within them that said, “We
will not fail God as our father did! We will not bring reproach on
the name of our God; we will step out and take our stand with
Moses had promised them, “God will reward you if you consecrate
yourself and take a stand among your family, friends and brothers”
(see Exodus 32:29). And God did reward them with a semi-priestly
order called the Levites, who were given to the service of God´s house.
Being on the Lord´s side is taking His sword and using it to combat
the forces of unbelief, putting down all doubts and fears. It means
standing true to God and His Word no matter what the crowd does;
no matter how faithless our friends become; no matter how worldly
our dearest loved ones are. We must step out and declare, “I am
on the Lord´s side! I come out against all attacks on the majesty
and faithfulness of our God!”
Marie Mason Birthday Events Being Planned Across the World
From Earth First Newswire
Marie Mason’s 51st birthday is coming up on January 26, 2013. We are asking that folks hold events for Marie around her birthday as part of what will be an annual time to celebrate her life and keep her spirits up while she remains imprisoned.
The original call out for Marie’s birthday can be found at www.supportmariemason.org, along with her current address, artwork, interviews, letters and more ways to get involved.
- Marie Mason Birthday Events Being Planned Across the Country (supportmariemason.org)
- Call Out for Celebrations of Marie Mason’s 51st Birthday (supportmariemason.org)
- Marie Mason Birthday Events Being Planned Across the World (earthfirstnews.wordpress.com)